Transaction Terms and Conditions
Welcome to trade in this website (the “Site”). Please first read the following terms and conditions carefully (“Terms and Conditions”):
I. Scope of Application
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to the rights and obligations arising out of your purchase, payment or transaction on the Site. The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to protect the interests of Nuvoton and yours. If you click “I agree” or an option of similar indication, or if you make a purchase, payment, transaction or engage in any relevant act on the Site, it shall be deemed that you have been aware of and have agreed to all provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
II. Online Purchase
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the information displayed on the relevant product or webpages and order procedures, including transaction terms restrictions and explanations, are parts of the purchase agreement between you and Nuvoton.
- After you complete the online order procedure, you are deemed to have made an offer and have agreed to order the products or services in accordance with the content, transaction terms and restrictions specified under these Terms and Conditions and the relevant webpages. If any information that you provide (such as address, telephone) changes, you shall make update online immediately. If you fail to make the update, you are not entitled to deny the transaction or refuse any payment even though the information is outdated.
- After you complete the online order procedure, the system will send an automatic notice to you by E-mail or in another manner; nevertheless, such notice only shows the Site’s receipt of your order, while Nuvoton has not agreed to enter into purchase agreement with you, and Nuvoton reserves the right accept or reject your order. If Nuvoton confirms the transaction terms, the inventory of the purchase product and the availability of the ordered services, and if there is no other event that is deemed unacceptable to Nuvoton, Nuvoton will make shipping arrangements without further notice. You may verify shipping status on the Site. If any transaction term is erroneous, or if the product is not in stock, or if the service cannot be provided, or if there is any other factor that prevents Nuvoton from accepting the order, Nuvoton has the right to reject the order.
- If any factor that prevents Nuvoton from accepting the order or any reason not attributable to Nuvoton occurs after you make the payment, Nuvoton may cancel the transaction within two (2) working days and refund the payment without interest. If you choose to make payment by credit card and the payment is made by installments, such payment plan is provided by your credit card issuer and the rights and obligations for the installment payment plan exists between you and the credit card issuer. Unless otherwise indicated on the relevant webpage, the interest and its calculation, as well as whether there is any configuration or participation of credit insurance or guarantor, shall be subject to the applicable agreements between you and the credit card issuer. Please pay attention to said applicable agreements.
- You understand and agree that, although Nuvoton will make best efforts to maintain the correctness of relevant information, Nuvoton does not provide any express or implied warranty about the completeness, accuracy or timeliness of any information displayed on the webpages or relevant messages is complete, accurate or updated. The Site may include many links. All information displayed on these linked websites or webpages are provided by the linked websites owner, and Nuvoton does not give any express or implied warranty about the correctness, reliability or timeliness of such information. The order limit on the quantity of products or services shall be subject to the indications on the relevant product or service webpages and the relevant webpages for order procedure. In case of any error in price indicated on any webpage or relevant message, the following shall apply:
a. If the indicated price is higher than the correct price, Nuvoton will only charge you the lower correct price.
b. If the indicated price is lower than the correct price, Nuvoton reserve the right to reject the order.
c. If there is any error in the specifications, pictures, explanations, prices or relevant trading terms of any relevant product or service, Nuvoton may reject the order within two (2) days from your completion of the order procedure.
- The calculation and the burden of the shipping cost are subject to the relevant product or service webpages and the relevant order procedure webpages.
- You may choose the delivery address and delivery method in accordance with the manner, conditions and restrictions specified on the relevant product or service webpages and the relevant order procedure webpages. If your ordered product or service cannot be delivered after two (2) attempts, and if you remain unreachable for more than three (3) days, Nuvoton may cancel the order and refund the price, and you may need to bear the relevant shipping and tax costs.
- You shall be liable for and shall indemnify Nuvoton from and against any and all of the customs duty, tax, tariff, fines, penalty, loss and any other costs and expenses relating to the import and/or export of product(s) you purchase from the Site. You shall also be liable to, at your own expense, apply and receive all applicable export and/or import permits, and shall comply with applicable export and import laws and regulations. If you fail to comply with the aforementioned term, Nuvoton may cancel the order and refund the price, and you may need to bear the relevant shipping and tax costs.
- Both you and Nuvoton agree that the Site will automatically record relevant electronic transaction data through a computer system for all online consumptions made on the Site and the matters related to these transactions. You may also log into the system and verify relevant transaction data on the Internet. If you discover that any transaction data is incorrect, you shall immediately notify Nuvoton.
III. Product Return and Refund
- Unless otherwise provided by local law in the place where you are located, product return and refund shall be in accordance with existing Taiwan laws or regulations. In case of amendment in Taiwan laws or regulations, Nuvoton may correspondingly update the product return and refund policy and procedure at any time. Such update will become effective from its publication on the Site or from the time of update (whichever is earlier). Any disputes shall be raised within 30 days.
- The products you return shall be kept intact, including all products, gifts, accessories, packaging and all accompanying documents or data in the status at the time of shipping. Any physical invoice and other supporting documents required by applicable laws, such as invoice and rebate form, shall be returned along with the products.
- If you damage the packaging of the product, remove the seal, detach the tag (or label), remove the glue, wash the product or if the product is damaged, lost or cannot be reinstated to its original status, it may affect your right to return the product.
- You understand and agree that, in case of refund due to your request, Nuvoton’s rejection of your order in whole or in part, or the termination of the transaction, Nuvoton may process the supporting documents such as invoice or rebate form on your behalf.
- Unless otherwise stipulated in the Terms and Conditions, if you decide to return a product and request a refund, any handling fees and transaction charges incurred during the original purchase will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If the original payment was made through wire transfer, you will bear all bank charges associated with the transfer of the refund, including those from the issuing bank, intermediary bank(s), and beneficiary bank.
- Refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days after we receive the returned item and verify its condition. Shipping charges are non-refundable. You are not required to bear Outbound Shipping Fees if the refund application is attributed to product defects.
IV. System Security and Backup
- Nuvoton will ensure that the Site possesses the security that is generally and reasonably expected. However, Nuvoton does not provide any express or implied warranty that the data you upload or transmit will be normally displayed or handled, nor does Nuvoton guarantee the correctness of data transmission. If you discover any mistake or omission on the Site, please inform Nuvoton immediately.
- Data on the Site will be backed up regularly. Nuvoton will not be liable for any unintentional deletion, backup error or failure of any data, unless it is arising from Nuvoton’s willful conduct or gross negligence.
V. Contract Interpretation
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or on any relevant webpage is held by a court to be invalid or excluded from the contract in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the provision invalidated or excluded by the court shall be interpreted or supplemented in a manner that is consistent with the original provision.
- Neither the exercise nor the non-exercise of any right that may be acquired or claimed in accordance with certain of these Terms and Conditions or certain provision on any relevant webpage shall affect the exercise or non-exercise of any right that may be acquired or claimed in accordance with any other of these Terms and Conditions or any other provision on any relevant webpage.
VI. Other Agreements
- You understand and agree that, if the Site and the related rights, obligations and transaction are transferred to a third party, then Nuvoton’s rights and obligations will also be transferred to such third party. Such third party will continue to provide the services.
- You understand and agree that, if the Site is liable to compensate or indemnify you in accordance with law or contract, Nuvoton’s total liability shall be limited to the actual amount received for the disputed transaction.
VII. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- All online purchases, transactions or conducts that you engage in on the Site, as well as all provisions of these Terms and Conditions and on relevant webpages, shall be governed by the laws of Taiwan, without regard to or application of conflicts of law, rules, or principles.
- Any dispute arising out of your online purchase, transaction or conduct on the Site and any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any relevant webpage shall be subject to the first-instance jurisdiction of the Hsinchu District Court in Taiwan, unless otherwise provided by mandatory law.